Midwest Regional Account Executive
- Career Level
- Not Specified
**This is a remote, work from home position, with 60-70% travel involved in the Midwest, competitive salary + commission/bonus and full benefits.** This individual will generate business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospects' position in the market place, developing and closing business opportunities, and researching and analyzing solutions. In this role, s/he will achieve sales objectives by identifying and pursuing market and niche opportunities marketing our Renter's Insurance products and related services to property management companies and owners of multi-family housing. The position entails identifying, qualifying, contacting and scheduling initial consultations with targeted prospects, leading proposal development efforts, making sales presentations, and closing new business accounts, along with managing the subsequent contracting and implementation process. S/He will keep management informed of industry developments by monitoring competitive products and reaction from customers. The successful candidate will continue meeting targeted growth objectives driving our business to success. Key responsibilities:
- Generate sales by cold calling and bringing in new accounts by identifying customer needs, participating in the development of client plans and introducing new products and services.
- Influence prospects to partner with Assurant to offer our products and services by controlling the sales process and identifying and pursuing market opportunities.
- Enhance relationships with clients by providing support, guidance, and innovative ideas to differentiate from competition.
- Attend industry events/shows.
- Research and recommend new opportunities and profit/service improvements.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the industries affecting the business.
- Understand financial trends and fluctuations with assigned clients and effectively communicate issues and resolutions to clients and internal business team.
- Develop sales strategies and execute account plans in support of goals/objectives.
- Recent "new" business development experience in bringing new accounts.
- Excellent time management, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective negotiation and closing techniques to secure profitable business.
- Ability to demonstrate an immediate, positive impact on sales.
- College degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Successful track record of exceeding sales quota