Commercial Lines Service Center Account Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
OPPORTUNITY SNAP SHOT: Do you thrive on helping others find simple solutions? Are you energized by learning new information and applying your knowledge to create simple solutions?
Are you passionate about being your best and doing your best? Do you enjoy working in a team and still having control over your own work product? Are you eager to prove yourself and take the next step? If you answered, “yes” to these questions, we would like to hear from you!
UFG is seeking experienced individuals to provide excellent service to policyholders in the UFG Commercial Service Center, while achieving positive results (high policy retention and acceptable loss ratios). The UFG Commercial Lines Service Center continues to grow and offers promotional opportunities! The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PST (11:00-7:30 CST). This position may be filled at our Corporate Office, Rocklin, CA office or Denver, CO office. For training purposes initially, the hours may vary depending on location. This position requires applying for and obtaining a state commercial lines property & casualty license in your resident state within 45 days of employment.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Must pass/secure State Property & Casualty Agent License within 45 days, no more than 2 attempts are permitted.
- Assist policyholders and agency staff with policy changes, renewal instructions, drivers lists, certificates of insurance, cancellations, reinstatements, first loss reports, billing/claims/policy inquires, replacement auto ID cards, coverage questions, etc. both over the phone and through written correspondence.
- Enter accurate information into the various computer systems from policy holder phone calls and written correspondence.
- Review policy change requests, renewal instructions, MVR’s, Experience Mods, loss experience, loss control reports and product brochures for risk acceptability. May consult management, other underwriters, websites and Best Underwriting Guide. Ask underwriting questions when a policyholder requests a policy change – midterm and renewal. Select critical information needed.
- Review policy change requests and renewals for limits and coverages requested. Work with marketing department to monitor production and loss ratio for each agency and continue to grow the book of business. Review daily claims sheet. Ensure risk is properly classified. Use underwriter credit/debit, experience rating and judgment rates when necessary. Place risk in proper program. Review renewals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent commercial lines insurance experience (customer service/account management, rating and/or underwriting)
- Risk evaluation skills
- Basic insurance contract knowledge foundation to develop into a champion
- Ability to influence others through negotiation skills
- Ability to successfully complete training programs within UFG systems, rating and underwriting processes (as needed)
Preferred to have:
- Agency experience is a plus
- Working on, or achieved an INS designation or other relevant insurance designations
Attributes we seek:
- Posses strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, and collaborative work style through exceptional interpersonal skills
▼ Read more