GAINSCO Auto Insurance® markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, and we are expanding into Colorado and Utah. GAINSCO Auto Insurance® has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish).
Due to company growth, GAINSCO Auto Insurance has an opening for a Sales Manager for North Texas. We are looking for driven individuals who want career advancement and the opportunity to make a significant impact on our leading organization.
By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Dallas and Miami. In 2015, the GAINSCO Dallas home office was one of only 150 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to be recognized by the Dallas Morning News as a “Top Workplace 2015.” The Miami office was also recognized as one of the Top 35 Workplaces in its size category.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed in a dynamic, exciting and growing team environment. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
Job Purpose: Lead the sales force to achieve and exceed top line sales objectives. Train and develop the sales force and manage performance and compliance with company sales processes through regular ride-alongs, reports, and meetings. Develop and maintain key relationships with agents and CSRs to develop detailed market knowledge.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Mentor, coach and develop Territory Sales Managers (TM's) to meet and exceed State production goals
- Develop TMs with “Best in Class” leadership and relationship effectiveness with agency owners, customer service representatives, customers, event sponsors and both internal and external clients
- Develop Territory Managers to demonstrate comprehensive and current knowledge of competitor's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relative to increasing sales production in their territory
- Analyze and stay current with the marketplace opportunities for optimal focus of Territory Manager's time and resources for the purpose of increased sales from their agencies
- Direct and mentor Territory Manager's to demonstrate superior organizational skills, professional presentation of self and company, and current product and marketplace knowledge
- Organize and coordinate Territory Manager meetings, agenda, training, scheduling, events, conference planning, etc. for the purposes of deepening development and increasing production
- Accountable for the assessment, evaluation, and performance review completion of each Territory Manager based on both empirical and performance based data.
Education: Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Experience: 5+ years successful outside sales experience is required; selling to independent agents; familiarity or experience managing premium and loss ratio goals; strategic planning; prior sales leadership experience preferred; bilingual preferred
Skills and Abilities: Ability to influence customers in a positive manner resulting in increased territory production. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Effective sales, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to learn and promote products and services. Ability to develop rapport with agents. Ability to analyze product data and identify market trends. Strategic planning skills. Disciplined follow-up and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
Equipment: Ability to use: office equipment: Telephone, cell phone, computer, printer, fax, copier, calculator. Current valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. General computer skills: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Internet. Familiarity with the following software, ACT, Quick Quote, AS400, and Image Right would be beneficial.
Decision Making: Selects specific steps from established options based on what agents to approach for new contracts, what kinds of incentives to give to agents, and how to determine best opportunities for increased profitability. Various departmental policies and guidelines can be used to assist when making informed decisions.
Communication: Daily interaction with agencies and Marketing Department staff. Because the majority of your interaction is with agencies, it is vital that the way you present yourself is in line with Company goals, branding and objectives.
Compensation: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, plus aggressive monthly and annual bonus potential
- Company car (fuel and maintenance paid by Gainsco), expense account, and home office: lap top, cell phone, printer/scanner/fax
- Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Gainsco is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.