Sales Account Executive - Salem, MA
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Avalon Risk Management’s Salem, MA office is looking for a motivated team player who is ready to launch an exciting and lucrative sales career in the international trade community. We are looking for a candidate to help build on this success, and we offer a Best Places to Work culture that provides opportunity for growth.
Avalon is looking for candidates with
- 2-3 years’ sales experience. Candidates with a background in retail will not be considered.
- A proven sales experience who are eager to learn a new industry.
- Prior insurance-related experience is preferred, but not required for the right candidate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid work ethic along with strong organizational and follow-up skills. - required
- A Property & Casualty license is preferred. If you do not currently hold a Property & Casualty license, this position will require the individual to obtain and maintain the license within 120 days of the start date.
- Strong computer skills are also desired, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with CRM systems, such as Salesforce.com, AMS 360, EPIC, or Producer Plus would also be helpful.
- Ability to establish goals and consistently meet and exceed them.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, persuasion skills and resilience.
An Assistant Account Executive will gain experience in the many facets of international insurance: building client relationships through account management and scheduling sales appointments from referrals, leads, and cross selling opportunities to develop professional selling skills. This role is also exposed to processing renewals, handling customer service, performing risk assessments, participating in industry events, and more. In time, the position will develop into a full outside sales role which can lead to Senior or VP positions based on size of book and/or Sales Management. Sales duties will require travel within your designated territory.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Utilize and maintain sales database to monitor and track sales leads.
- Track weekly sales goals and prepare sales call activity reports.
- Cross-sell new product lines to existing accounts. Identify new business opportunities.
- Support renewal business. Assist with renewal information as required.
- Prospecting new business and lead qualification
- Soliciting sales through referrals and cold calling
- Help finalize submissions and rate negotiation (as applicable), relating benefits to clients' needs.
- Assist with proposal and presentation preparations for clients.
- Provide service and support along with Account Managers.
- Assist with travel plans related to appointment.
- Participating in industry and association events.
- Assist with collection of premiums, monthly billing, account set-up, etc. as needed.