Sales Representative - Inside
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Under the direction of the FL Sales Director, the Inside Sales Representative represents the company in an assigned territory and works with the agents in the assigned territory to retain and grow business. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for the delivery and explanation of agency contracts licensing and agency management reports. He/she is responsible for identifying and interviewing prospective agencies and determining advisability of establishing new agency contracts, reviewing agency production figures, and monitoring all activities that result in increased/decreased business. He/she also serves as a communications link between agency, the insurance market and the company and communicates to the company information on agency performance, local competition and general business trends. The Inside Sales Representative will work with the policy processing and claims staff when needed to insure superior service to our agent partners. He/she will also work in tandem with the Territory Sales Manager to make additional contacts as directed.
Organizational Relationships: The Inside Sales Representative reports directly to the FL Sales Director and has routine contact with the other members of the marketing team. The Inside Sales Representative is the primary contact with the company’s partners, the Independent Agents with whom the company is contracted.
- Develops and implements territory goals and strategies to increase UPC’s market share in alignment with UPC’s overall business objectives
- Monitor yearly new business commitments
- Identify possible new agency appointments, interview prospective agencies, evaluate potential and recommend advisability of establishing new agency contract
- Analyze agency loss ratio problems, establish and monitor rehabilitation programs or recommend termination if profitability cannot be achieved.
- Promote UPC’s products by ensuring agency awareness of their features and benefits
- Educate agencies regarding UPC’s products and policy writing system
- Responsible for relationship building with the agency
- Gather competitive intelligence, analyze UPC’s position and recommend action
- Work with policy processing and claims staff when needed to insure superior service
- Provide ongoing agency support and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain communications with all UPC team members through informal and formal quarterly reports
- Know UPC’s systems and uses them effectively
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management
Environmental Demands: This is an in-office position with the possibility of some related travel. Occasional overnight trips may be required.
Physical Requirements: Professional appearance, good hearing and speaking skills are required since face to face and telephone contact with the company’s customers is frequent and extensive.
Mental Requirements: Skills necessary for the effective performance of this position’s job functions include analytical/decision making skills, strong leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize, plan and organize personal responsibilities, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Equipment Used: Computers, calculators, telephones
Qualifications: College degree or demonstrated experience, technical knowledge of personal property insurance, action oriented and committed to customer service, proficiency in the use of IT tools, bilingual is desirable but not mandatory.
This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. The incumbent will typically perform other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities.