Business Process Control Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Controls Analyst in our Miami, FL location!
This individual is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal risk and control environment within Connected Living, at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. Responsibilities include consulting with process owners in completing all of the process documentation, advising the identification of process Risks and Controls and testing the controls in compliance with established controls methodology. The Business Process Controls Analyst will additionally support both internal and external audits by facilitating the audit and remediation process.
Documentation and Testing of Controls (40%)
- Consult with process owners assisting them in the identification and documentation of business processes and controls.
- Advise the process/control owners on the identification of Risks and Controls within their processes.
- Create Test Plans for testing the processes and controls
- Test controls within the business processes ensuring that they are designed and operating effectively. Evaluate control deficiencies and, identify new or enhanced controls which will strengthen the business processes.
- Work with management to define risk mitigation action plans to resolve process gaps and monitor remediation on a timely basis.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of risk-based internal control requirements and practices.
- Monitor and test compliance of internal control standards (financial and non-financial)
Facilitate Audits (40%)
- Facilitate internal and external audits utilizing the departmental methodology.
- Coordinate resources and deliverables for the audit team using the prescribed tools.
- Work with the Issue Owners to ensure that the management action plans on the issues are defined.
- Facilitate the Remediation process for issues arising out of the audits.
- Retest remediated controls prior to the internal or external auditors retesting.
- Ensure all data regarding audits is up to date in the databases.
- Report on progress of the issues.
Build Relationships with Business Leaders/Managers (10%)
- Develop an understanding of the Assurant Businesses.
- Maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks by being responsive to clients.
Department Development (10%)
- Utilize department processes, systems and methodologies effectively and efficiently enabling the department to fulfill departmental goals.
- Assist in department initiatives, Centers of Excellence and other teams to review and improve department processes, systems and methodologies.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge gained through professional development opportunities, including external and internal training.
BA in Risk Management, Business Operations, Compliance, Finance or a related field, OR 4 years equivalent process control work experience.