Personal Lines Account Executive
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination, Insurance Office of America has grown into a family of companies anchored by one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Some Great Reasons to Work at our Company…
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with employer match
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Personal Lines Account Executive to join our Longwood, FL branch team!
Responsible for day-to-day activities including: Quote and issue new personal insurance for call-in clients, customer referrals and company referrals, and is the carrier liaison. Regularly interacts with new clients to generate new leads of business. Responsible for devising creative solutions to meet client needs as to coverage and costs. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on significant accounts including but not limited to: negotiation of product pricing, interviewing clients; collecting and analyzing information regarding the client and assisting in product and pricing determinations; affecting, interpreting, and implementing various company policies with regard to the specific factual circumstances of each client. The job requires a high degree of “selling,” whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products and services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. A self-confident, extroverted style that can engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The ability to understand, quickly react, and motivate others to adapt to the changing environment is a critical key to success.
Personal Lines Account Executive duties and success factors include:
- Seeks out new clients and develops clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients. The primary focus of this job is making connections with people to generate leads of new business.
- Work closely with individuals to make sure their assets and resources are protected through our innovative and comprehensive insurance products.
- Obtaining quotes via online quoting tool for call-in clients/customer referrals, submitting proposals, and maintaining a log of all quoted cases.
- Makes personal lines presentations groups and preparing presentation binders to potential customers.
- Works effectively with 1099 sales personnel, seeking input and developing win-win solutions for mutual clients
- Monitors performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality, and service standards are met, recommending corrective actions to operations management staff when appropriate
- Lives and champions Company core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- 5+ years of industry experience, working on the broker side with companies such as Chubb, Travelers, AIG
- Experience dealing with personal lines insurance home auto flood etc. and all required active licensing
- Experience on the operations side, providing certificates of insurance and rate confirmation with brokers
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communications skills
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, driven, energetic and success oriented individual that is looking to create a lifelong career
- Experience with Applied Systems or AMS platform
Travel may be required.
If being part of a growing team committed to world-class service sounds exciting to you, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Personal Lines Account Executive position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
IOA is a Drug Free Workplace