Personal Lines Account Executive
- Career Level
- Not Specified
**Please note that only candidates with active P&C insurance license and previous sales experience as an insurance industry Account Executive or Agent will be considered for this position.**
- A licensed Personal Lines Account Executive or Agent with at least six years of wide-ranging broker/agency sales experience?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
401K with an employer match
Participation in our employee stock plan
Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
Teammates who share your drive for excellence
Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Personal Lines Account Executive to join our Pleasanton, CA branch team!
In order to provide for our client’s ever-changing needs, we are seeking a driven, energetic and success oriented individual that is looking to create a lifelong career. As a Personal Lines Account Executive, you can anticipate excellent growth and earning potential in a job that is dynamic.
As a Personal lines Account Executive you will be building relationships. You will work closely with individuals to make sure their assets and resources are protected through our innovative and comprehensive insurance products. The primary focus of this job is making connections with people. The job requires a high degree of “selling,” whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products and services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. A self-confident, extroverted style that can engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential.
Personal Lines Account Executive success factors include:
- Cultivating referral relationships with internal partners, supporting client relationships based on the needs of clients and partners, and working directly with clients to assess and advise on complex insurance topics
- Working with internal departments to cultivate referral relationships
- Developing marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell personal lines insurance products
- Negotiating product pricing; interviewing clients; collecting and analyzing information regarding the client and assisting in product and pricing determinations; and affecting, interpreting, and implementing various company policies with regard to the specific factual circumstances of each client
- Negotiating with underwriters, quoting, participating in outside sales, and acting as the Carrier liaison
- Seeking out new clients and developing clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients
- Explaining features, advantages, and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans
- Contacting underwriters and submitting forms to obtain binder coverage
- Attending meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts
- Calling on policyholders to deliver and explain policies, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes
- Customizing insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks
Qualified candidates will have:
- 6+ years of personal lines sales experience for an insurance agency/brokerage obtaining quotes via online quoting tool and submitting proposals
- Active P&C license
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent sales, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
- Experience on the operations side, providing certificates of insurance and rate confirmation with brokers.
- Required experience dealing with personal lines insurance home auto flood etc. Ideal candidate would have experience working on the broker side with companies such as Chubb, Travelers, AIG.
- Must have experience working on Applied Systems or AMS platform.
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Personal Lines Account Executive position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.