Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Company: Hull & Company, LLC.
The primary responsibilities of this position include reviewing new and renewal applications to evaluate difficult and/or complex Excess & Surplus (E&S) risks in various lines of business, to determine acceptability or declination of coverage’s requested and brokering said risks to viable carriers for coverage.
- Produce profitable brokerage revenue while adding value and integrity to the Hull & Company culture
- Perform sales, service, and brokerage work for excess and surplus lines commercial property accounts
- Responsible for new and incumbent agency development to build a pipeline of account opportunities.
- Maintain and develop underwriting relationships with carriers
- Review new and renewal business applications and opportunities to confirm that information is appropriate to determine placement of coverage
- Ensure quotes, binders, and policies are issued promptly and accurately
- Will include some traveling, making telephone cold calls, emailing and conducting personal visits
- An active state insurance license
- Possess thorough knowledge of Excess & Surplus Lines insurance
- One (1) or more years of successful insurance experience